Thursday, February 21, 2008

3 Health and Fitness Myths Debunked

"Everybody wants a great body, but no one wants to lift these heavy ass weights." -Ronnie Coleman

You may not want to be a pro-body builder but odds are you don't have the 'perfect' body. If getting a healthier more attractive physique on your list of goals to achieve, this article is going to definately help you. SO LISTEN UP!

1)Lift high reps (12-15+) to get 'toned' and 'cut up' and lift low reps to build muscle. EHHHH!! WRONG! I'm amazed at the amount of people that still believe this. Even friends of mine at the gym. This is absolutely 100% UNTRUE. The only way your going to get 'cut up' is to lose body fat. Muscles will always look the same no matter what size they are. The only way your going to see them is if you lose the fat your flabby ass has covering them. Arms abs etc. So put down the soda stop eating fuckin fast food and put some effort into it. If your not gonna put 150% into anything your not going to get ANYWHERE!

******WARNING-RANTABOUT FAT PEOPLE READ IN CASE OF EMERGENCY FATNESS ONLY!

I've done it, you've done it we've all complained about our bodies or thought to ourselves "why can't I look like so n so". Well it's time to stop whining like children and take responsibility for our actions. Do you wanna a fat lazy slob all your life? I didn't think so. Our country is over run with our our obesity. It's pathetic. The cost alone of healthcare to treat people with diabetes and heart disease is insane.

I used to think I was 'big boned' or had a lage frame.. or 'destined to be a fat person'. I know some of you probably feel that way too. Now I wasn't morbidly obese but I was a chunker for sure. Anyways it turns out i was just eating like a fuckin pig! SUPRISE!! Living off of soda,fast food and not excercising will turn you into a fatty mcfat pants. I know I know. It was a big shock to me too.

**********************NOW BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDUALED MOTIVATION

2)Metabolism-"I can't lose weight my metabolism isn't like it used to be." WRONG FATTY! Research indicates that it's not your metabolism that slows down it's loss in muscle tissue/activity. So get out there quit the excuses.

3) This ones for Lazy. Yea I'm talkin' to you Mr. I dont wanna get up to answer the phone it's too far. You DON'T need to excercise to lose weight. That right you heard me! The body needs X amount of calories to run through the day. If you eat a surplus of calories you gain weight. If you east just under X amount(2-500) you lose weight. Simple as that. Do yourself a favor and google calorie calculators to figure out what you need.

Take these little bits of truth with you. Living a happy healthy and successful and life is full time job for those that understand what it truly means.

No comments: