Wednesday, February 20, 2008

2 Easy Steps to Achieve Your Goals

Where is it you would like to go? New York , L.A. , London , Berlin perhaps? Nooo no no.. of course not. You want to get rich. You want to be skinny. You need a lover. A new job maybe? I thought so. Well if you really want to get some where your going to need a goal first.

O.K. first things first right? WRONG! PAY ATENTION! Before you set your goals you need to know if your setting the right goals. It's easy and can be broken down into several steps. Follow my lead.

Step 1) Specify, be clear. Your going to need a definate plan. Whether your write it down or work it out in your head is up to you. I don't give a shit. It's your goal. The thing is, is that unless you have a real and definate point of success ; victory is nearly impossible. If you set out on vacation and start driving anywhere, where are you going to end up? I don't know. Do you.. NO , you dont.. The place might be a fuckin shit hole. Is that where you wanna be? Of course not..so PLEASE.. do us both a favor and take a minute to think about EXACTLY where you want to go and HOW you are going to get there.


Step 2) I know what your thinking now... "I know where I want to get/what I want to achieve , but I don't know HOW to get there." Well guess what. It doesn't matter. Just do somthing. That fact that your reading this right now proves to me and you that your searching. For what , I dont know. That's somthing your gonna have to figure out if you haven't already.
Just remember this, nobody was born a brain surgeon or a real estate tycoon. They had to do a little detective work. They had to make the effort somewhere to get where they are. People often forget that. It's great to look to someone for inspiration, but don't ever put anybody up on a pedastool. Who ever it is you'd like to be more like, had to start somewhere. Just like you. Remembver that.
The best thing to do is start small. Not too small, but realistic enough that you know you can achieve it. If you can't make a little progress your not going to change the world. "Every journey starts with a single step." I dont remember who said it but it's incredibly accurate.

Step 3) I thought I had more steps for you but I'm going to let you go. Two is all you need to get started on whatever it may be you choose to accomplish. So just get out there and do it.. and the rest will fall into place. Trust me.

No comments: